Science teacher job, Hertfordshire, ASAP
About the job
Science teachers wanted
Prospero Teaching is looking for Science teachers to provide long-term, short-term and supply cover in various secondary schools in the Hertfordshire area. Bookings range from 1 week to a full half term to permanent.
The schools also book teachers for emergency cover, so if you are looking for just a few days’ works each week this option is available. You can select your preferred booking length.
Science teacher Contract / position details
- Location – Hertfordshire
- Position – Supply teacher – Science
- Type of work – Science cover
- Science start date – VARIOUS times of the year
- Likely Duration – Dependant on your
- Position end date – various times of the year
- Contract type – supply contract – daily or short term
- Full-time potential – yes
- Minimum rate of pay – £120
- Maximum rate of pay £150
- Hours – 8:30am-4pm (term time only)
Science Teacher Experience, Training and Qualifications
- It is essential that you have a degree in Science
- A PGCE or equivalent
- You will need to have taught in Secondary Schools either in a permanent or supply cover role or on teaching placement if you are an NQT.
- Schemes of work are already in place so you will just be required to deliver the Science subject
- Up to date Safeguarding training is imperative; you can undertake a free course with Prospero Teaching if you have not completed a Safeguarding course in the last 12 months.
- Ability or willingness to engage with students
To be eligible for any teaching job with Prospero Teaching, you must
- Hold the Right to Work in the UK.
- Possess an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with online update service or be willing to process a new application.
- Provide two professional child related references.
If you are a Science Teacher and would like to be considered for this teaching role, please apply below or call us on 020 7404 6383.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer a successful Science teacher:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management are available.
If you would like to earn a £150 bonus and know someone who would be interested in this or other teaching jobs check out our Refer a Friend scheme.