Science Teacher – Chelmsford
About the job
Prospero Teaching are looking for a Science Teacher to start ASAP to teach a full time timetable. This is to work in a mainstream secondary school in the Chelmsford area.
About the school and contract:
- We are looking for a Science Teacher to start ASAP in a mainstream secondary school in the Chelmsford area in Essex.
- You will be focusing on teaching KS3 and KS4 students.
- The school has a Sixth Form so there is the potential to teach KS5.
- You will have LSAs in the classroom to support you where necessary.
- There may also be some 1:1 teaching involved.
- The Science department are experienced and supportive with specialists in all areas.
- Full time (5 days a week) teaching position including planning and marking.
About the successful Science Teacher:
- Previous experience teaching KS3 and KS4 Science in the UK.
- Any Science specialism will be considered.
- You should ideally hold a teaching qualification (QTS or QTLS preferred) or equivalent.
- Experience teaching in the UK is desirable but not essential.
- You will have excellent classroom and behaviour management.
- You will be pro active and innovative with the ability to engage students in different ways.
Contract details for the Science Teacher position:
- Location – Chelmsford, Essex
- Position – Full Time Science Teacher
- Type of work – Science teaching in a secondary school
- Start date – ASAP
- Contract type – long term supply
- Duration / Likely Duration – until end of academic year, potential for extension
- Full time/part time – Full time (5 days)
- Minimum rate of pay – £130 per day for qualified teachers
To be eligible the Science Teacher must have/be:
- Highly motivated and focused on achieving the best for every student.
- A positive attitude and desire to maintain current standards and raise attainment across the school.
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- The ability to engage and motivate students whilst making learning fun.
- Excellent communication skills – the school encourages good communication with Parents/Carers.
- A positive role model.
Please apply now with your updated CV, if this position is of interest.
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this vacancy then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.