Science Graduates needed for teaching assistant roles
GOOD SECONDARY SCHOOL
Immediately start, fast track to interview – no filling out endless application forms!
Are you interested in becoming a teacher?
Take the first step into a career as a Science teacher!
***Look no further!***
Prospero Teaching are actively seeking Science graduates with degrees who want to work as Teaching Assistants and possibly become teachers in the future.
We are seeking Science Graduates with a degree in Science to work in a secondary school in Stanmore.
You will be required to support students with learning difficulties with a long term view to possibly becoming trainee Science teacher.
We are especially seeking Science Graduate with good grades at GCSE, A level and with a Science related degree and individuals with good communication skills and dedication.
As a Science teaching assistant you will be working in a secondary school environment with teenagers who require continuity, positive role models, patience and understanding. We are actively seeking Science graduates who want to learn, grow and develop pedagogical skills whilst building rapport with students, teachers, and parents. Opportunities to further your career within this role are endless, teaching, salaried teacher training roles, education psychology, social worker, youth work and more.
What does the Science Graduate teaching role involve:
• Working in the Learning Support / SEND Department of a secondary school
• Supporting the class teacher and students during lessons
• Building a rapport with 5 – 6 students with specific needs and implementing strategies to support, nurture, engage and raise attainment in their secondary years
• 1:1sessions supporting in your subject specialism
• Running intervention groups in your subject area to build their knowledge of the subject
What support will I be given as a Graduate Teaching Assistant?
• You’ll be given training, guidance and support by an experienced consultant at Prospero and our Training and Development Team (all experienced teachers) as well as from the school themselves.
• A programme of FREE Training and CPD sessions are also offered.
• You will be supported by the school within the SEN Department by the SENCO, HLTAs, Pastoral Staff, Class Teachers and parents
• The school, ahead of time, will provide you with specific information in relation to each child to ensure you are able to support them well.
• You will be provided with resources and strategies to support learners, behaviour management training, group and 1:1 training from qualified, experienced passionate staff.
As a Science Graduate Teaching Assistant, you will be exposed to students of various age and abilities and build positive relationships with these students to ensure they are accessing the National Curriculum, their learning is positive and they are making progress. You will be able to analyse data and build your ability to raise attainment using key skills, lesson plans and numeracy and literacy intervention tasks and much more. All this will build your expertise of how students are monitored, data is analysed and attainment is raised and students are managed – perfect for those looking to teach.
Science Graduate teaching hours and pay:
Full-time school hours, 8.20am – 3.45pm, Monday to Friday.
You will be required to run an after school club once a week until 4.30pm and attend a departmental meeting once a week.
The role is paid weekly at a daily rate of £80 per day and can become a permanent post in the future.
• You will need to submit a CV and a brief covering letter outlining any previous experience you have working with young people.
• Prospero are able to process a DBS for you.
• You will need to take our online Accredited Safeguarding Training
• Prospero Teaching can offer you’re a range of online accredited courses
• We also provide interview training and prep
This post can lead to a salaried teacher training role
- LocationStanmore, Barnet
- PositionScience Graduates needed for teaching assistant roles, Barnet, ASAP
- Type of workSecondary, Teaching Assistant, Graduate TA
- Contract/position start date15/09/2021
- Duration/likely duration
- Contract type (temp/perm/term to perm)4_terms
- Full/Part time8 hours per day
- Minimum rate of pay885 per day minimum
no experience required
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.