School librarian job
Immediate start, fast track to interview – No filling out endless application forms!
Prospero teaching is currently seeking School librarian to start working in a secondary school.
What does the School librarian teaching role involve:
The role of a librarian is to be responsible for the day-to-day running of the school’s library or resource centre. They acquire, organise and maintain resources that support the learning needs of pupils and the needs of the wider school community.
What support will I be given as a School librarian?
As a new member of staff, you will be given an induction by Prospero Teaching as well as the school and allocated a line manager at the school.
Skills and experience you will need
- Be highly organised
- Have good information technology skills, particularly in using databases and the internet
- Possess good communication skills
- Possess good customer service skills
- Excellent research skills
- Legal knowledge – for example copyright law
- The ability to supervise others.
School librarian teaching hours and pay:
Full-time school hours, 8am – 3.45pm, Monday to Friday. You will also be required to run an after school club once a week until 4.30pm and attend a departmental meeting once a week. The role is paid weekly and is at a daily rate of £85 per day.
The school and Prospero teaching endeavour to support your career at every stage, both offering you a variety of CPD courses to enrich and progress your career further.
If this School librarian teaching assistant role has sparked your interest and you would like to hear more about this librarian job, then please apply to this ad with your updated CV. The school is extremely keen to interview any suitable School librarian as soon as possible.
Know a School librarian interested in a secondary school in Barnet, London? If so, please refer us their details and CV over to us and you will be offered a referral bonus (conditions apply)
Please note that any candidates who are deemed as unsuitable for this job will not be contacted due to the high volume of applications we receive.
This advert has been posted by Prospero teaching on behalf of one of our schools.
- LocationEngland, South East England, Greater London, London, North West London, North London, Barnet, High Barnet, East Finchley, Woodside Park, Hendon, Oakleigh Park, Southgate
- PositionSchool Librarian, Barnet, September 2021
- Type of workSecondary, Key Stage 3, Key Stage 4, Key Stage 5, Teaching Assistant, Non Teaching & Support, Other
- Contract/position start date01/09/2021
- Duration/likely durationNO END DATE
- Contract type (temp/perm/term to perm)4_terms
- Full/Part time7 hours per day
- Minimum rate of pay£85 per day minimum
no experience required
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.