School Cover Manager – North London – ASAP START
About the job
Prospero Teaching is seeking to appoint an experienced Cover manager for a school based in North London.The role is full time 5 days a week – from 7:30 – 3pm and longterm until July 2021
PURPOSE OF JOB ROLE
• To ensure that cover is organised on a daily basis and that disruption to students’ learning, due to staff absence, is minimised.
• To line manage the cover supervisors
• To coordinate other classroom services, and duties to be undertaken by the cover supervisors when they are not deployed in a lesson.
• To provide supervision of classes in the absence (short term) of the subject teacher.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To organise cover on a daily basis
• Line manage the cover team including deployment of them to additional areas of school to support, on occasions where no cover is required
• Train and support cover supervisors
• Supervise classes as a classroom supervisor
• Arrange room changes when required, and assist during exam periods
• Maintain contact with absent staff, liaising with Subject Leaders and Senior Leadership Team.
• Liaise with subject leaders & other staff regarding staff absence & cover
• Undertake the administration connected with supply and cover, ensuring all absence information is passed to the ?nance o?ce for returns daily.
• Sign off supply claim forms and pass to finance officer
• Record and report on planned teacher and support staff absences
• Forward plan regarding feasibility of staff requests for days out of school e.g. trips and courses, liaising with the EVC and feeding back to SLT
• To buy in supply teachers for sta? absent when necessary, liaising with Deputy Head line manager
• Meet and greet supply staff, provide them with school information including a map. Provide lessons for the day with registers and photos of students.
• Build and maintain relationships with supply agency’s, to ensure good quality supply staff are employed.
• Create the absence / cover sheet provide a copy for cover team and supply staff and ensure a copy is in the staffroom by 8.30am each day
• Contribute to the recruitment of new cover staff
•Manage and maintain the cover module on the SIMS administrative system
• Monitor quality of lesson plans provided by the teachers for the cover lessons, report back any issues.
• Distribute lessons to cover team and supply staff, if need be instruct cover team and supply staff to areas of the school that require support.
• Keep up-to-date on legislation regarding cover issues in schools
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• An understanding of what a school’s timetable looks like (desirable)
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Excellent inter-personal skills with adults and young people
• Ability to use discrecriton and respect confidentiality
• Excellent personal organisation and time management
• Able to work quickly and accurately to meet deadlines
• Good word processing, spreadsheet and database skills
• Proactive and able to work on own initiative
• Ability to work under pressure and to remain calm in difficult circumstances
• Ability to prioritise workload
• Able to work alone and as part of a team
PLEASE NOTE: Only successful candidates will be contacted