Prospero Teaching are looking for cleaners across Liverpool who are interested in both long and short term vacancies. Previous experience in a similar role is essential. As this role is within a school setting you will need to have a child DBS or be willing to apply for one.
All of our roles will have the potential to turn into permanent positions.
Hours of work:
The roles will vary, but typically the hours of work will be:
- 6:30am – 8:30am
- 3:30pm – 5:30pm
- 6:30am – 8:30am & 3:30pm – 5:30pm
Pay Rate – £8 – £9 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
Cleaners are required to undertake the following duties as directed by the Supervising Officer, using the prescribed methods and frequencies in line with the requirements of the cleaning specification.
- Emptying waste bins or similar receptacles, transporting waste material to designated collection points.
- Sweeping floors with brushes or dust control mops.
- Mopping floors with wet or damp mops.
- Suction cleaning carpeted areas and “spot” cleaning carpets.
- Using electrically powered scrubbing and polishing machines to burnish, scrub, polish and spray clean floors (after receiving proper instruction and training).
- Using electrically powered pick up machines.
- To dust, damp wipe, wash or polish furniture, ledges, window sills, external surfaces of cupboards, radiators, shelves and fitments.
- To replenish consumable items (soap, toilet rolls, paper towels) if required within the contract.
- To clean toilets, urinals, hand basins, sinks, baths, showers and drinking fountains.
- The use of chemical agents as directed by the Supervising Officer in the discharge of cleaning operations or maintenance procedures, after receiving proper instructions and training.
- To undertake wall washing or inside window pane cleaning to a height no greater than body height plus an arm’s extension from floor level, during periodic cleaning maintenance programmes.
- Cleaners employed in domestic science areas are required to clean cookers and work surface areas.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job.
- LocationMerseyside, Liverpool, Wirral, Sefton, Knowsley, St Helens, Halton, Warrington
- PositionSchool Cleaner Roles
- Type of workSite Manager, Other
- Contract/position start date04/01/2021
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.