Religious Studies Teaching job
Prospero Teaching is looking for a Religious Studies Teacher for an Ofsted “Good” Secondary school in Barnet. To start in January 2022 the Headteacher is seeking an enthusiastic, committed and creative Religious Studies within their very successful creative Religious Studies Department
The school is a medium/large secondary school with a supportive and constantly developing Religious Studies department. The school is going from strength to strength and providing CPD throughout the year.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
- A mixed, successful and popular, multicultural, comprehensive school situated in a leafy part of Barnet.
- Approx 1000 students on roll
- Ofsted Good in its recent inspection
- Outstanding department with state-of-the-art facilities
- CPD throughout the year.
THE RELIGIOUS STUDIES DEPT:
The Religious Studies department is solid, the Head of Dept is a strong teacher and supportive leader, the dept is well resourced, the team has its own Religious Studies area in the school and boasts exceptional resources. The Religious Studies department here is very successful, with our students gaining well above average results at both GCSE and A-level.
- This is a department made up of 7 teacher.
- AQA GCSE Religious Studies Specification B.
The position is open to both Religious Studies NQT’s and experienced Religious Studies teachers. Depending on performance the school would look at either extending the contract or offering a permanent position.
RELIGIOUS STUDIES CONTRACT DETAILS
Location Barnet, London
Position Religious Studies teaching job
Type of work Full Time Religious Studies Teaching job
Contract or position start date January 2022
Duration / Likely Duration Permanent position
Contract or position end date (if applicable) N/A
Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) Long term
Full time/part time Full time
Minimum rate of pay in line with your pay scale
Hours 8 am – 3:30pm, plus parents’ evenings
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND RELIGIOUS STUDIES TEACHER QUALIFICATIONS
- QTS or equivalent
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS RELIGIOUS STUDIES TEACHING JOB THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THIS RELIGIOUS STUDIES TEACHING POST:
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
PROSPERO TEACHING IS ABLE TO OFFER THE SUCCESSFUL RELIGIOUS STUDIES TEACHER:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
In-house Training and Development Team
- LocationLondon, North West London
- PositionReligious Studies Teaching job, Barnet, January 2022
- Type of workSecondary, Teacher
- Contract/position start date03/01/2022
- Duration/likely durationno end date
- Contract type (temp/perm/term to perm)4_terms
- Full/Part time8 hour s per day
- Minimum rate of payin line with your main payscale
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.