A small inclusive school in Muscat, Oman are looking to expand the team from August 2021 and have an exciting opening for a PYP Curriculum Co-Ordinator.
This independent school opened in September 2019 and is currently offering an inclusive education to students in years KG1 – Grade 4. The school currently serves a predominantly Omani student cohort with a mid-range fee schedule making them an attractive school in the area.
The school have a heavy focus on holistic development and believe that social and emotional needs are as important as academic needs. They welcome students with additional needs and are one of the only schools to offer an inclusive environment where students of all abilities are able to learn together. A good understanding of various SEN needs would be advantageous for this school.
Oman is widely considered the friendliest gulf state for expats to live and work in. With a diverse population of British, American, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand and South African Citizens it is easy to make friends and all lifestyles are catered for with plenty of bars, malls, beaches, and desert/hiking opportunities.
- Location – Muscat, Oman
- Position – Primary Teacher, PYP Co-Ordinator
- Type of work – Middle Leader
- Contract or position start date – August 2021
- Likely Duration – 2 years
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Rate of pay – up to 3500 GBP (based on experience) – all inclusive package, medical, visa, relocation allowance and annual flights – Benefits cover the employee only and do not extend to any dependents
- Hours – 7:30 am – 4pm, Sunday – Thursday
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Relevant teaching qualification with QTS or equivalent – i.e. PGCE, B.Ed., BA (Hons) with QTS
- Middle East experience would be advantageous
- Must have British, American and/or IB curriculum experience
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year or willing to complete new training
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold an enhanced police check from the relevant countries
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
- PositionPYP Curriculum Co-Ordinator
- Type of work
- Contract/position start date
- Duration/likely duration
- Contract type (temp/perm/term to perm)4_terms
- Full/Part time
- Minimum rate of pay
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.