Psychology Graduate Teaching Assistant
Prospero Teaching are looking for strong and ambitious Psychology graduates to work as Teaching Assistants in SEN schools and Complex Needs colleges in South Manchester. We are looking to recruit enthusiastic graduates with an interest in a career in Special Education Needs.
The role is more specifically working with groups of children with varying learning ability and may have special educational needs. The schools are committed to pupil and teacher development, with track records of supporting graduates through teacher training applications. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to pursue a career in Education Psychology or a PGCE in the future.
- Location – Cheadle, Stockport
- Position – Learning Support Assistant
- Type of work – 1:1 work with children and young adults with complex needs and PMLD
- Contract or position start date – ASAP
- Duration / Likely Duration – Temp – Perm
- Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) – Temporary
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Rate of pay – Minimum rate £70
- Hours – 8:30 am – 4pm : Mon – Fri (term time only)
- Working with and providing support to children with SEN (Special Educational Needs)
- Experience of supporting pupils
- The willingness to provide an environment in which pupils can reach their full potential
- The ability to build rapports with the children, supporting their social and behavioural needs, and acting as a mentor
- Psychology (BSc Hons) degree
- DBS (clean and relevant) – Can be obtained through Prospero Teaching
- Safeguarding certificate
- A committed and enthusiastic attitude to work
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to form new relationships
- Previous experience working in primary schools.
- Good knowledge of different forms of SEN.
- LocationGreater Manchester, Cheadle
- PositionPsychology Graduate for Education Support Roles
- Type of workSpecial Needs, SEN Support
- Contract/position start date01/11/2021
- Full/Part time
- Minimum rate of pay£70 - £71 per day
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.