PMLD Teacher, South Essex
About the job
PMLD Teacher, South Essex
About the School and the Job for the PMLD Teacher role:
Prospero Teaching are looking for a PMLD Teacher, ideally with previous experience working with children with profound and multiple learning difficulties. If you are looking for work in the South Essex area and would like to make a positive difference to children’s lives then we would love to hear from you.
- We are looking for a PMLD Teacher to work in South Essex based special schools for students with a range of complex difficulties including PMLD.
- Special Schools with specialist learning areas such as Sensory Rooms and Hydrotherapy Pools.
- This is initially for day to day supply but could lead to something longer term for the right candidate.
- The schools work across key stages 1-4 hence there are opportunities across these key stages.
Contract Details for the PMLD Teacher role:
- Location – South Essex
- Position – PMLD teacher
- Type of work – Teaching students with PMLD
- Start date – September 2020
- Contract type – Temporary
- Full time/part time – Full or part time Monday to Friday
- Minimum rate of pay – £120 per day
Experience, Training and Qualifications required for the PMLD Teacher role:
- A teaching qualification, ideally QTS or QTLS.
- Previous experience teaching students with SEN is desirable.
- Highly motivated and focused on achieving the best for every student.
- A positive attitude and desire towards working with SEN students.
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- The ability to engage and motivate students whilst making learning fun.
- Excellent communication skills – our schools encourages good communication with Parents/Carers.
To be eligible for the PMLD Teacher role through Prospero Teaching you must:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this vacancy then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.