About the job
JOB TITLE – Physics Teacher – Dubai, UAE
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
- Prospero Teaching is looking for an experienced Physics Teacher, on behalf of a KHDA (Ministry of Education) rated “Good” international school in Dubai, UAE.
- The school is a leading International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, with a very supportive and successful department and British members of SLT. The student body comprises of many nationalities with a large number of both expatriate and local Arab families.
- The position is open to teachers with at least two years’ teaching experience in British or IB curriculum schools, with preference given to those with IBDP experience.
- The school is located in the heart of the popular Emirate of Dubai, close to many of the popular tourist landmarks and just a short drive from the international airport.
- Teachers have access to excellent professional development opportunities and the opportunity to work within a school that offers an inclusive and progressive education.
- Location – Dubai, UAE
- Position – Physics Teacher
- Type of work – Class Teacher – planning, preparation, assessment, parents evenings, extra-curricular commitments etc
- Contract or position start date – August 2020
- Duration– Two year contract – July 2022
- Contract or position end date – July 2022
- Contract type – fixed contract (two years)
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Minimum rate of pay – approximately £2000 – £3300 per month DOE tax-free (remuneration package including visa, accommodation / housing allowance, private medical insurance, flight allowance, relocation allowance and end of contract gratuity bonus)
- Hours – 7:00 am – 3:30pm : Sunday – Thursday (term time only)
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- PGCE, B.Ed with QTS or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years teaching experience (British / IB curriculum)
- Experience teaching the subject area to KS4-5 (A Level – IBDP)
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Be available to start in August 2020
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for the role of Physics Teacher, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
- Guidance and support to relocating overseas
- LocationOverseas Outside UK, Middle East, UAE, Dubai
- PositionPhysics Teacher – Dubai, UAE
- Type of workSecondary, Teacher
- Contract/position start date20/08/2020
- Duration/likely duration
- Contract type (temp/perm/term to perm)half_term
- Full/Part time
- Minimum rate of pay
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.