PE Teacher (maternity cover) – Ipswich
About the job
Prospero Teaching are looking for a Female PE Teacher to start ASAP. This is to work in a mainstream secondary school in the Ipswich area, and will be offered to the sucessful PE Teacher on a maternity cover contract.
About the school and contract:
- We are looking for a Female PE Teacher to start in ASAP working in a mainstream secondary school in the Ipswich area.
- You will be focusing on teaching KS3 and KS4 students.
- You will have LSAs to support you where necessary.
- There may also be some 1:1 teaching involved.
- The PE department are experienced and supportive.
- Full time (5 days a week) teaching position including planning and marking.
About the successful PE Teacher:
- Previous experience teaching KS3 and KS4 PE in the UK.
- You should ideally hold a teaching qualification (QTS or QTLS preferred) or equivalent.
- Experience teaching PE in the UK is desirable but not essential.
- You will have excellent classroom and behaviour management.
- You will be pro active and innovative with the ability to engage students in different ways.
Contract details for the PE Teacher position:
- Location – Ipswich
- Position – Full Time PE Teacher
- Type of work – PE teaching in a secondary school
- Start date – ASAP
- Contract type – maternity cover
- Duration / Likely Duration – 1 year
- Full time/part time – Full time (5 days)
- Minimum rate of pay – £130 per day for qualified teachers
To be eligible the PE Teacher must have/be:
- Highly motivated and focused on achieving the best for every student.
- A positive attitude and desire to maintain current standards and raise attainment across the school.
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- The ability to engage and motivate students whilst making learning fun.
- Excellent communication skills – the school encourages good communication with Parents/Carers.
- A positive role model.
Please apply now with your updated CV, if this position is of interest.
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this vacancy then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.