Part Time SENCO – Secondary School – Barnet
About the job
Part Time SENCO/ Special Educational Needs Coordinator – Secondary School – Barnet
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Prospero Teaching is looking for an experienced SENCO for an Ofsted “Good with outstanding features” All Through school in Barnet, North London
The school are a rapidly expanding, dynamic, all-through school, successfully providing high quality education and academic achievements for learners aged 3 to 19 and are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, professional SENCO. The school is going from strength to strength and providing CPD throughout the year.
The position is open to both experienced SENCO’s and teachers who are considering becoming a SENCO. The contract will be initially temporary, depending on performance the school would look at either extending the contract or offering a permanent position.
- Location – Barnet, London
- Position – Part Time SENCO
- Type of work – Secondary Part Time SENCO
- Contract or position start date – ASAP- until the position of SENCO has been filled
- Duration / Likely Duration – Until July 2019 – with the view of extending thereafter
- Contract or position end date (if applicable) – July 2019
- Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) – Temporary (to permanent potentially)
- Full time/part time – Part time – 3 days a week – days not specified
- Minimum rate of pay – Minimum rate £140 per day
- Hours – 8:30 am – 4pm, plus parents evenings
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Teaching Degree – QTS/ BE’d / PGCE
- Minimum 1 year SENCO/ SEN teaching experience ideally in the UK
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
This is ‘About the school’ and should differentiate this school and the role from any other.