Part Time PMLD Teacher – West Thurrock
About the job
Part Time PMLD Teacher (SEN), West Thurrock
About the School and the Job for the PMLD Teacher role:
Prospero Teaching are looking for a PMLD Teacher, ideally with previous experience working with children with profound and multiple learning difficulties.
- We are looking for a Teacher to work in a special school in West Thurrock for students with a range of complex difficulties including PMLD and SLD.
- Special School with specialist learning areas such as Sensory Rooms and a Hydrotherapy Pool.
- This is for a part time position with a 0.6 timetable. Initially for the Autumn Term but with the opportunity to become permanent for the right candidate.
- The role is to work with students across Key Stages 3 and 4 (children are grouped based on ability rather than age).
Contract Details for the PMLD Teacher role:
- Location – West Thurrock
- Position – PMLD teacher
- Type of work – Teaching students with PMLD and SLD
- Start date – September 2019
- Contract type – temp to Perm
- Full time/part time –Part Time (3 days initially but may be flexible)
- Minimum rate of pay – £23719 (pro rata)
Experience, Training and Qualifications required for the PMLD Teacher role:
- A teaching qualification, ideally QTS or QTLS.
- Previous experience teaching students with PMLD is required.
- Highly motivated and focused on achieving the best for every student.
- A positive attitude and desire towards working with SEN students.
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- The ability to engage and motivate students whilst making learning fun.
- Excellent communication skills – our schools encourages good communication with Parents/Carers.
To be eligible for the PMLD Teacher role through Prospero Teaching you must:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this vacancy then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.