Part Time 1:1 Teacher, Essex
About the job
Part Time 1:1 Teacher, Essex
About the Part Time 1:1 Teacher position:
Prospero Teaching are looking for qualified teachers to work 1:1 with students away from a school environment. This is a great opportunity to make a real difference to a student’s life, gain great job satisfaction and to teach without the paperwork involved with a class of 30 children.
- We are looking for teachers to work on a 1:1 basis with a student aged between 5-16 years old.
- The majority of these students have been excluded from school and lessons will take place either at the student’s home or the local library.
- Students are likely to have difficulty responding to conventional teaching and may have behaviour and/or SEN difficulties. They are also likely to be working at lower levels than their peers.
- The majority of cases are for either 3 or 5 hours per day, 5 days per week but this can be flexible depending on the student in question. There is also the potential to work full days by taking on more than one case.
- The successful candidate will be expected to deliver all subjects, with a focus on English and Maths.
Contract Details for Part Time 1:1 Teacher position:
- Location – Various locations across Essex.
- Position – Part Time 1:1 Teacher.
- Type of work – Teaching an excluded student in their own home.
- Start date – ASAP.
- Contract type – Temporary – likely to be long term.
- Duration / Likely Duration – Ongoing until the student can return to school.
- Full time/part time – Part time Monday to Friday – 3 hours per day (during school hours).
- Minimum rate of pay – £70 per session.
Experience, Training and Qualifications required for the Part Time 1:1 teacher position:
- You MUST hold either QTS or QTLS.
- Experience working with Students with SEMH would be advantageous.
- Highly motivated and focused on achieving the best for every student.
- A positive attitude and desire towards working with SEN students.
- The ability to engage and motivate students whilst making learning fun.
To be eligible for the Part Time 1:1 Teacher position through Prospero Teaching you must:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this role, then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.