Music teaching job – KS3 / KS4 / KS5 Music – Good school – Enfield – January 2020
About the job
Music teaching job
KS3 / KS4 / KS5 Music
ABOUT THE SCHOOL:
Prospero Teaching is looking for an Music Teacher for an Ofsted ‘Good” Secondary school in Enfield starting January 2020 .
Prospero is proud to work with this successful and oversubscribed secondary school located in Enfield, London who are seeking a teacher of Music to join their successful Music department. The Headteacher has created a welcoming environment and staff really enjoy working here and students enjoy attending. The excellent curriculum meets the needs of all students extremely well. A rich and diverse range of extra-curricular activities helps students excel in areas.
The school is located in well-served location for transport and parking is available onsite.
This is a medium size school with more boys than girls, the school prides themselves on delivering an inclusive, structured curriculum and create a positive and respectful teaching and learning environment.
This good school hold a number of awards, awards for Anti-Bullying and the HT have won awards for the outstanding work he’s done in the community. It’s a teacher training school so there are a number of areas of growth within this school, CPD is always taking place and all staff can get involved.
The Music job starting in January 2020 and the ideal Music teacher would be an enthusiastic, committed and creative Music teacher within their very successful creative Music Department.
MUSIC TEACHING JOB:
• The position is open to both Music NQT’s and experienced Music teachers.
• You will be joining a successful, well-structured department
• The Music Department boasts a range of state of the art facilities including a range of instruments and music suites
• This school offer a range of professional development opportunities, for example we were one of the first partner schools working with The Institute for Teaching on the Masters in Expert Teaching
• Music is taught at year 8, 9, 10 and 11, All students study GCSE There are then a series of GCSE and BTEC option subjects that students can choose Music
MUSIC TEACHER CONTRACT DETAILS:
Position Music teacher
Type of work KS3 / KS4 / KS5 Music Teacher
Contract or position starting date January 2020
Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) – temp to perm
Full time/part time Full time ONLY
Minimum rate of pay INLINE WITH YOUR PAYSCALE – Outer London pay
Hours 8:30 am – 3:30pm, plus parents’ evenings
MUSIC TEACHERS EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• QTS or equivalent
• Food related degree – Music related degree
• Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year (we can provide you with this training)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS MUSIC TEACHING JOB THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
• Hold Right to Work in the UK
Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
Provide two professional child related references
OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THIS MUSIC TEACHING JOB:
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this Music teacher vacancy
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful Music teacher:
Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
In-house Training and Development Team
Online, accredited safeguarding course