MUSIC TEACHER (PYP/MYP) – REQUIRED FOR AN ACCREDITED K-12 IB INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL IN CHENGDU, CHINA
Prospero Teaching are looking for an experienced Music Teacher (PYP/MYP) for a growing IB international school located in Chengdu, China – contract start date: August 2020.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL:
- A bilingual international school in Chengdu, China, requires an experienced Music Teacher (PYP/MYP) to join their reputable school from August 2020.
- The school is part of a large reputable education group with international schools located across China, with excellent opportunities for professional development.
- This campus delivers all three IB programmes (PYP, MYP, DP) to students from KG to Grade 12.
- The school benefits from a light, modern purpose-built campus with excellent facilities and resources, with an emphasis on community, open-mindedness and students’ physical, emotional and intellectual development.
- The senior leadership team consists of an experienced and dedicated team of qualified expat school leaders, and teaching staff come from a range of locations around the world.
- Chengdu is the capital of Sichuan province in south west China; an ancient city rich in history, culture and Sichuan cuisine, but probably most famous for being best known as the home of the Giant Panda!
- The school is situated east of Chengdu city in the urban suburbs of Longquanyi; close to one of the most popular places to travel to in Sichuan province, for its beautiful landscapes, mountains and peach blossom.
- Chengdu city is very popular area for tourists and expats to socialise, eat and drink. The area is full of both Chinese and Western shopping, restaurants, bars and nightlife. Chengdu is also an important travel hub, with easy cost effective travel across the country and internationally.
- Location – Chengdu, China
- Position – Music Teacher (PYP/MYP)
- Type of work – Class Teacher – planning, assessment, extracurricular commitments, parents’ evenings etc
- Contract or position start date – August 2020
- Duration – Two year contract
- Contract or position end date – July 2022
- Contract type – fixed contract
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Minimum rate of pay – approximately £25,000 – 45,000 pa depending on experience (remuneration package including housing allowance, settling allowance, home leave allowance, visa, international medical insurance for employee and dependants, free tuition fees for 2 dependant children, flight allowance)
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Have a relevant teaching qualification: i.e. PGCE, B.Ed., BA (Hons) with QTS
- Have a minimum of three years’ teaching experience
- Have experience teaching the British and/or IB curriculum
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Be available to start in August 2020
- Native English Speaker
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for the role of Music Teacher (PYP/MYP), please apply with a copy of your up to date CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
- Guidance and support to relocating overseas
- LocationOverseas Outside UK, East Asia, China, Chengdu
- PositionMusic Teacher (PYP/MYP) – Chengdu, China
- Type of workPrimary, Secondary, Teacher, Independent School
- Contract/position start date20/08/2020
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.