ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Prospero Teaching is looking for a Music Teacher for an Ofsted “Good” Secondary school in Barnet, North London
The school is a medium size mainstream Secondary School with a supportive Performing Arts department. The school is going from strength to strength and providing CPD throughout the year. The school does have a 6th form, although most of the timetable for this role will be key stage 3 and key stage 4.
The position is open to both NQT’s and experienced teachers. Depending on performance the school would look at either extending the contract or offering a permanent position.
- Location – Barnet, North London
- Position – Music Teacher
- Type of work – KS3/KS4 Music Teacher
- Contract or position start date – As soon as Possible
- Duration / Likely Duration – 3 terms until end of the academic year July 2019 with the view to extend thereafter
- Contract or position end date (if applicable) – July 2020, with the view to extend the contract thereafter
- Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) – Temporary to go permanent
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Minimum rate of pay £155 per day MINIMUM
- Hours – 8:30 am – 4pm, plus parents evenings
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- QTS or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year Music teaching experience in the UK
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
- LocationLondon, North West London, Barnet
- PositionMusic Teacher – Barnet, North London – ASAP START
- Type of workSecondary, Teacher, Graduate TA
- Contract/position start date07/10/2019
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.