Media Teacher – Welwyn Garden City
About the job
Prospero Teaching are looking for a Media Teacher to start in January 2020. This is to work in a mainstream secondary school in Welwyn Garden City.
About the school and contract:
- We are looking for a Media Teacher to start in January working in a mainstream secondary school in the Welwyn Garden City area.
- You will be focusing on teaching students up to KS5.
- You will have LSAs in the classroom to support you where necessary.
- The Media department is experienced and supportive.
- Full time (5 days a week) teaching position including planning and marking.
About the successful Media Teacher:
- Previous experience teaching KS3 and KS4 Media in the UK.
- You should ideally hold a teaching qualification (QTS or QTLS preferred) or equivalent.
- Experience teaching Media in the UK is desirable but not essential.
- You will have excellent classroom and behaviour management.
- You will be pro active and innovative with the ability to engage students in different ways.
Contract details for the Media Teacher position:
- Location – Welwyn Garden City
- Position – Full Time Media Teacher
- Type of work – Meda teaching in a secondary school
- Start date – January 2020
- Contract type – temporary
- Duration / Likely Duration – long term supply
- Full time/part time – Full time (5 days)
- Minimum rate of pay – £130 per day for qualified teachers
To be eligible the Media Teacher must have/be:
- Highly motivated and focused on achieving the best for every student.
- A positive attitude and desire to maintain current standards and raise attainment across the school.
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- The ability to engage and motivate students whilst making learning fun.
- Excellent communication skills – the school encourages good communication with Parents/Carers.
- A positive role model.
Please apply now with your updated CV, if this position is of interest.
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this vacancy then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.