Maths Teacher – Welwyn Garden City – Hertfordshire
About the job
Mathematics Teacher is required for September 2020
I’m seeking a Maths teacher who is able to start in a thriving and supportive school based in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire.
This position is starting in September 2020 and is open to NQT’s or experienced teachers. The ideal mathematics teacher will be committed, positive and a versatile teacher to join there successful department.
This is a medium size mix sex school. This school prides themselves on creating a positive and respectful learning environment. It also offers extra free training in school, CPD training is also taking place where staff can get involved.
The Senior Leadership team has created a welcoming environment and staff really enjoy working here and students enjoy attending. The excellent curriculum meets the needs of all students extremely well. A rich and diverse range of extra-curricular activities helps students excel in area
MATHS TEACHING INFORMATION:
- The position is open to both Maths NQT’s and experienced Maths teachers.
- You will be joining a successful, well-structured department
- The Maths Department boasts a range of state of the art facilities including a range of instruments and Maths suites
- This school offer a range of professional development opportunities.
- Maths is taught at year 8, 9, 10 and 11
MATHS TEACHER CONTRACT DETAILS
Location Welwyn garden City
Position Maths teacher
Type of work KS3 / KS4 / KS5 Maths Teacher
Contract or position starting date September 2020
Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) Temp to perm
Full time/part time Full time ONLY
Minimum rate of pay INLINE WITH YOUR PAYSCALE
MATHS TEACHERS EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- QTS or equivalent
- PGCE / SCITT / TEACH FIRST
- Maths related degree
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year (we can provide you with this training)
To be eligible the MathsTeacher must have/be:
- Highly motivated and focused on achieving the best for every student.
- A positive attitude and desire to maintain current standards and raise attainment across the school.
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- The ability to engage and motivate students whilst making learning fun.
- Excellent communication skills – the school encourages good communication with Parents/Carers.
- A positive role model.