Maths Teacher, part time – Ipswich, Suffolk | ASAP
About the job
Prospero Teaching are looking for a Maths Teacher starting ASAP on a part time basis. This is to work in a mainstream secondary school in the Ipswich area.
About the school and contract:
- We are looking for a Maths Teacher to start ASAP in a medium sized mainstream secondary school in the Ipswich area.
- You will be focusing on teaching KS3 and KS4 students.
- The school also has a sixth form so there will also be the potential for KS5 teaching.
- You will have LSAs in the classroom to support you.
- There may also be some 1:1 teaching involved.
- The current Maths department is experienced and supportive.
- Part time position including planning and marking, but the school can be flexible to consider full time.
- The school are initially looking for maternity cover but there is a possibility of it going permanent for the right person.
About the successful Maths Teacher:
- Previous experience teaching KS3 and KS4 Maths in the UK is preferred.
- You should hold a teaching qualification (QTS or QTLS preferred).
- Experience teaching in the UK is desirable.
- Passion for working with children with SEN.
- You will have excellent classroom and behaviour management.
- You will be pro active and innovative with the ability to engage students in different ways.
Contract details for the Maths Teacher position:
- Location – Lowestoft
- Position – Part time Maths Teacher
- Type of work – KS3 and KS4 Maths Teaching in a secondary school
- Start date – ASAP
- Contract type – Long term supply
- Duration / Likely Duration – likely to be until the end of term, potential for extension depending on the needs of the school
- Full time/part time – Part time, flexible
- Minimum rate of pay – £120 per day for qualified Teachers
To be eligible the Maths Teacher must have/be:
- Highly motivated and focused on achieving the best for every student.
- A positive attitude and desire to maintain current standards and raise attainment across the school.
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- The ability to engage and motivate students whilst making learning fun.
- Excellent communication skills – the school encourages good communication with Parents/Carers.
- A positive role model.
Please apply now with your updated CV, if this position is of interest.
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this vacancy then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.
Prospero Teaching recruits exceptional teachers from across the globe, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Belgium, The Netherlands, Ireland and New Zealand and provides them with teaching jobs in London and the UK. Here at Prospero Teaching we strive to make a real impact on education and teaching with our global opportunities. If moving from overseas, Prospero Teaching provides assistance with setting up your bank account as well as accommodation assistance, and tons of aftercare and training.