Start date: September 2021 start, fast track to interview
No filling out application forms!
Prospero Teaching is working with a secondary school located in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire who is interested in securing a Maths teacher starting this September 2021. The ideal Maths teacher will be qualified, have a degree related to Maths, and knowledge of the National Curriculum.
This is a large, mixed, Ofsted rated Good school steeped in history boasting incredible school building with space and light. The school has an exemplary reputation and is an oversubscribed secondary school. Pupil premium and EAL are below the national average. The school is looking towards outstanding this is a great school for anyone who wants to work in a progressive school.
Pupils are incredibly proud of their school and clearly enjoy attending. There is an industrious, purposeful, and productive atmosphere in all lessons. Teachers consistently create and sustain constructive, trusting relationships.”
‘’The behaviour of students is good. Staff form highly positive relationships with students, which in turn has a positive impact on students’ attitudes to learning in the classroom and how they respond to instructions given to them by staff. ‘’
‘’During break and lunchtimes, behaviour is orderly at all times. During the inspection, students received inspectors with wonderful smiles, opened doors, and extended greetings’’
About the school and Maths teaching post:
• A medium-size secondary school
• Maths taught at Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4
• Solid Maths department with 8 Maths teachers
• Supportive team and a strong leader
• Department with a collaborative approach to planning, delivery, and assessment
• Supportive yet high energy atmosphere
• This is a full-time position including planning and marking
• Interviewing ASAP
The right Maths teacher will:
• Hold a BA and PGCE in Maths
• Confident with teaching GCSE
• Creative, patient, and willing to think outside of the box
The successful Maths teacher will have the following:
• Exceptional degree and GCSEs
• UK classroom teaching experience
• Eligibility to work in the UK
• Be able to provide teaching references for the last 2 years
• A fully enhanced DBS on the online update service
• Salary paid to scale – teachers’ pay scale MPS or UPS1 dependent on experience
Berkhamsted is located 35 mins away from London on a direct train, the school offer accommodation on site, 4 2 bedroom lodges and are able to offer staff accommodation at a good rate.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
If you’d like to know more about this Maths teaching position then please call our London Head Office on 020 7404 6383 If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up-to-date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful Maths teacher:
Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
In-house Training and Development Team***
If you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our £150 referral scheme (Terms and conditions apply).
As the best teacher and supply teacher recruitment agency the U.K. has to offer, we ensure every step of your path with Prospero Teaching is a great one. We offer free courses in teaching, lesson planning, CPD certified qualifications, help with moving overseas, and much more. Whether you want to teach music in Liverpool, Computer Maths in London or Business and Economics in Manchester we have the right teaching job for you.
- LocationHertfordshire, Berkhamsted
- PositionMath’s teacher job, Berkhamsted, September 2021
- Type of workSecondary, Teacher, Tutor
- Contract/position start date04/09/2021
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.