MATHS TEACHER – GOOD SCHOOL | BARNET
Ofsted GOOD School – Barnet, London
Fast track to interview
No filling out application forms!
A popular school located in Barnet, London is interested in securing a Maths teacher starting this January 2021
A mixed, growing secondary school area actively seeking Qualified Secondary School teachers to join their school starting in January 2021
As a Maths you will have completed your teacher training and will be seeking a teaching post where you can complete your Induction year.
As a Maths teacher, you will be hard-working, a team player, and be someone who engages with students, work well with staff and parents. The school is interested in appointing a Maths to join a thriving and dynamic department in January 2021
All students study Mathematics at GCSE level and Edexcel is followed. Students develop student mathematical confidence and enthusiasm, and which builds a strong foundation for the transition to further study in Mathematics at Sixth Form, University, and beyond. Students gain the knowledge to tackle problems in areas including geometry, algebra, statistics, and probability. They have the option to study at either Higher or Foundation level.
Sixth Form, we offer the Edexcel specification in Mathematics. This A-Level is highly regarded by employers, demonstrating an aptitude for problem-solving and intellectual capacity. Over two years, students will be taken on a fascinating and exciting mathematical journey, considering the principles of Pure Mathematics, as well as Statistics and Mechanics.
WHAT FACILITIES WILL BE OFFERED TO THE QUALIFIED MATHS TEACHER:
The school is located on a large, multifunctional site and boasts a range of facilities that assist with the teaching and learning at the school including:
• Large, spacious classrooms with interactive whiteboards and projectors,
• large staff room
• shower facilities
• parking for nearly 100 cars!
• A range of transport links make this school easily accessible from all areas in London
Prospero Teaching has a long-standing relationship with the school and has a strong understanding of the makeup of the department, knowledge of the behaviour policy
ABOUT THE SCHOOL AND MATHS TEACHER CONTRACT:
*A large secondary school with high aspirations
*An Ofsted rated ‘good’ school
*Teaching your subject area at Key Stage 3, 4 and 5
*Department with a collaborative approach to planning, delivery, and assessment
*Supportive yet high energy atmosphere
*This is a full-time position including planning and marking
THE SUCCESSFUL MATHS TEACHER WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
• Exceptional degree and GCSEs
• UK classroom teaching experience
• Eligibility to work in the UK
• Be able to provide teaching references for the last 2 years
• A fully enhanced DBS on the online update service
• Salary paid to scale – teachers’ pay scale MPS
• The school and Prospero teaching endeavour to support your career at every stage. Both offering you a variety of CPD courses to enrich and progress your career further.
If this Maths post has sparked your interest and you would like to hear more about this teaching position, then please apply to this advert with your updated CV.
The school is extremely keen to interview any suitable Maths Teacher as soon as possible.
Do you know a Maths looking for work in Luton? If so, please refer us their CV to be offered a referral bonus (conditions apply)
- LocationBarnet, High Barnet
- PositionMATHS TEACHER – GOOD SCHOOL | BARNET, LONDON
- Type of workSecondary, Teacher
- Contract/position start date04/01/2021
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.