Humanities Teaching – Enfield – September 2021
About the job
Humanities Teaching job
Prospero Teaching are working with ‘Good’ Ofsted rated Secondary School in the Enfield area. The School are seeking to appoint a qualified teacher of Humanities to join the School in September 2021.
You will be joining an inclusive, diverse, supportive secondary school and a solid Humanities department in a Good School, teaching across Key Stage 3 and 4. This Humanities role is open to both experienced and Newly Qualified teachers – TLR responsibilities available for the right candidate.
The school are seeking a Humanities teachers with exceptionally strong academic backgrounds who are committed to inclusive education and wish to contribute to innovative curriculum development. With the schools growing Sixth Form, there is the possibility of teaching post-16 qualifications for the right candidate.
WHAT THE SCHOOL CAN OFFER A HUMANTIES TEACHER:
- Excellent support and a wide range of opportunities for continued professional development
- Provide a supportive learning environment
- Offer you the opportunity to make a difference
- Actively promote your career development
WHAT THE SCHOOL ARE LOOKING FOR:
- A Humanities teacher with good subject knowledge
- The ability to build positive relationships with all learners and committed to raising the attainment of all students
- Will work collaboratively within the Humanities department to contribute to the success of the department
- Able to make a difference to the lives of young people
- A teacher who is interested in the development of the departments extra-curricular offer and lead teams across the school
Location – Enfield
Position – Humanities Teacher
Type of work – KS3/KS4 Humanities Teacher
Contract or position start date – September 2021
Duration / Likely Duration – 1 year +
Full time/part-time – Full time
Minimum rate of pay – Paid to scale
Hours – 8am – 4pm, plus parents evenings and extracurricular activities
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- QTS or equivalent
- PGCE or equivalent
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this Humanities teacher, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV or call our Head office on 0207 404 6383 and ask for Georgia. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful Humanities teacher will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching can offer the successful Humanities Teacher:
Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behavior management