Head of English (Female) – Relocation to Doha, Qatar
About the job
JOB TITLE – Head of English, Doha, Qatar
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Prospero Teaching is looking for an experienced Head of English for a QNSA rated “Acceptable” all Girls school in Doha, Qatar. The Head of English will lead the thriving English Department.
This British curriculum school is located in a beautiful modern campus in the popular capital city of Qatar.
With excellent resources and facilities, the school is very popular amongst the local and international community.
Consisting of a mixed international cohort of teachers and a British principal, the school combines the rigor of the English National Curriculum with local cultural and Islamic values.
This school is ideal for teachers of all backgrounds and ages who are looking for a large teaching community and support from their colleagues.
The position is open to experienced Heads of English with at least two years’ experience in the same role.
- Location – Doha, Qatar
- Position – Head of English
- Type of work – Head of English Department
- Contract or position start date – 1st September 2019
- Duration – 2 years until end of the academic year July 202
- Contract or position end date – July 202
- Contract type – 2 years
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Minimum rate of pay – MINIMUM rate QR13,500 (2000GBP) per month tax free salary plus competitive remuneration package
- Hours – 7:30 am – 3:30pm : Sun – Thurs (term time only)
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
- Applicants must have a PGCE and/or degree in English with QTS
- Teachers ideally have at least two years teaching experience leading a English Department in the UK
- Must be native English speaking and have experience teaching the English National Curriculum
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Be a native English speaking and have experience teaching the English National Curriculum
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for the role of Head of English, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV to email@example.com. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team