HEAD OF DESIGN AND TECHNOLOGY
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Prospero Teaching are seeking a Head of Design and Technology to join an Ofsted “GOOD”, mixed, secondary school in the London Borough of Barnet starting September 2020.
The school is fully inclusive and promotes excellence in learning, seeking to ensure that all students are the best that they can be; their dedicated staff are focused on quality and achievement whilst ensuring the happiness and well-being of the community. Depending on performance the school would look at either extending the contract or offering a permanent position.
THE DESIGN TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT:
- The Design Technology Department is well resourced and is a popular subject at A level and GCSE and A level results are above average.
- The department is made up of 4 people and is supported by technicians.
- The Design Technology department follow the AQA Syllabus and there are approx. 50 students taking GCSE DT.
- Across the 6th form approx. 20 students study Product Design at A level.
- Construction, Food Technology are also taught as well as textiles
- Students enjoy the creativeness and take pride in their work, the dept offers enrichment to stretch and support learnerS
CONTRACT DETAILS OF HEAD OF DESIG N TECHNOLOGY JOB:
Duration – 1 YEAR MINIMUM
Type of work – Head of Design Technology KS3/KS4 /KS5
Contract or position start date – September 2020
Duration / Likely Duration – 1 year ideally
Contract or position end date: (contract may get extended )
Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) – Lo ng Term/Permanent
Full time/part-time – Full time, 5 days a week Mon- Friday
Minimum rate £190 per day (negotiable)
Hours – 8:30 am – 4pm, plus parents evenings
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ed /PGCE/ QTS or equivalent teaching degree
Solid teaching background
- Extensive knowledge of the National Curriculum
- Ability to raise attainment
- Leadership experience as a Head of Design Technology
Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS HEAD OF DESIGN TECHNOLOGY TEACHING JOB THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
Hold Right to Work in the UK
Be able to work a minimum of 5 FULL days Monday – Friday
Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online updates service or be willing to process a new application
Provide two professional child related references
OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THE HEAD OF DESIGN TECHNOLOGY TEACHING JOB:
If you would like to be considered for this Head of Design Technology teaching job, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV.
Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this Design technology teaching job
THE SUCCESSFUL HEAD OF DESIGN TECHNOLOGY:
The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this Head of Design and Technology teaching post.
Both Prospero and the school would like to arrange Zoom interviews ahead of the September 2020 start
Prospero Teaching can offer the successful candidate:
Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
In-house Training and Development Team
- LocationSouth East England, North West London, Stanmore, Colindale, Barnet, High Barnet, Hendon, Oakleigh Park, Southgate
- PositionHead of Design Technology, Barnet, September 2020
- Type of workSecondary, Teacher, School Management
- Contract/position start date09/09/2020
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.