HEAD OF COMPUTER SCIENCE – REQUIRED FOR AN ACCREDITED BRITISH INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL IN KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
Prospero Teaching are looking for a qualified Head of Computer Science for a British curriculum international school located in the outskirts of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – contract start date: August 2021.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL:
- A leading British international school in Kuala Lumpur require an experienced Computer Science to join their reputable school from August 2021.
- The experienced department leader will manage teaching & learning and assessment Computer Science across Ks4-5 (IGCSE – AS/A Level).
- The school boasts impressive, fully equipped ICT suites, located in a spacious campus in the outskirts of the capital city, expat teachers benefit from the tranquility and greenery of the suburbs, yet are only 35 minutes from the city centre.
- Located on twenty acres of land, the state of the art campus caters up to 2000 students across Early Years to Year 13.
- The senior leadership team consists of an experienced and dedicated team of qualified school leaders, many from the UK.
- The school is a member of a large successful education group, sharing good educational practice, opportunities for professional development and effective management.
- Location – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Position – Head of Computer Science
- Type of work – Head of Department – planning, assessment, middle management responsibilities, CPD, extracurricular commitments, parents’ evenings etc
- Contract or position start date – August 2021
- Duration – Two year contract
- Contract or position end date – July 2023
- Contract type – fixed contract
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Minimum rate of pay – approximately £30,000 – 45,000 pa depending on experience (remuneration package including housing allowance, relocation allowance, baggage allowance, visa, medical insurance for employee and dependants, 70% discount on tuition fees for 3 dependant children, flight allowance, etc)
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Have a relevant teaching qualification: i.e. PGCE, B.Ed., BA (Hons) with QTS
- Have a minimum of two year’s full time teaching experience (post qualification)
- Have experience teaching the British curriculum up to KS5 (AS/A Level)
- Ideally have Head of Department experience
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Be available to start in August 2021
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for the role of Head of Computer Science, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
- Guidance and support to relocating overseas
- LocationOverseas Outside UK, Asia, South East Asia, Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
- PositionHead of Computer Science – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Type of workSecondary, Teacher, School Management
- Contract/position start date20/08/2021
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.