Please note, this job advert is specifically aimed towards within a SECONDARY setting (ages 11-19)
Location – West London
• Entry level positions suitable for graduates
• A great way to gain some experience within schools if you are looking to pursue a career in the education sector
• Majority of upcoming positions would involve working 1 to 1 or with small groups of Special Educational Needs pupils
• A great opportunity to support a special needs child and support their learning and development. You can make a positive impact on their progression through secondary school.
Prospero teaching are looking for graduates who are interested in working as Teaching Assistants (TA)/Learning Support Assistants (LSA) roles in the following areas: Hillingdon, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, Kensington & Chelsea, and Westminster.
What does this work involve?
As a TA/LSA you will be involved in working with students in a secondary setting who have a Special Educational Need (SEN). Roles will vary based on individual school needs, but the majority of positions will involve 1 to 1 or small group work with children with varying special needs. Common SEN needs which LSA’s/TA’s will work with are ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder), ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), Visual/Hearing Impairment and Cerebral Palsy, although some roles may involve working with other SEN needs.
An LSA/TA position will involve supporting an assigned child/group with their learning, offering support, guidance, promoting inclusion and acceptance, and setting challenging and demanding expectations and promote self-esteem and independence. Depending on the specific need of the child/children you may also be involved in booking in appointments, and setting up any specific equipment (depending on specific need).
Please note, this advert is not for a specific job. Positions will be becoming available from June and interviews will be taking place during this time as well as July. We will look to register suitable graduates now in preparation for upcoming positions.
- Location – Various locations across West London and surrounding areas
- Position – TA/LSA
- Type of work – Learning Support
- Start date – Ongoing
- Duration / Likely Duration – 1 Term to 1 Year (Some vacancies will offer permanent contracts)
- End date (if applicable) – N/A
- Contract type – Contract/Permanent
- Full time/part time – Part time and full time depending on schools needs
- Minimum rate of pay – Minimum rate £70 per day
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- We would be ideally looking for students who are graduating during the summer of 2020 (BSc, BA, MA, MSc, PhD). Applications can be considered from other recent graduates also.
- Strong organisational skills, a passion for working with children aged 11-19, excellent communication skills and timekeeping, a high level of commitment to provide consistency for students you are assigned to.
- Some prior experience working with children/teenagers is desirable or a degree related to the field is preferable.
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year (desirable however not essential)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Be willing to register with Prospero Teaching and complete all required vetting checks
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
- LocationWest London
- PositionGraduates Wanted for Entry Level School Positions
- Type of workSecondary
- Contract/position start date04/01/2021