School: Secondary school
Key stages: Key Stage 3, 4 and 5
Start date: September 2021
No experience needed, just a can do attitude and a passion for education!
About the Graduate / Teaching Assistant position:
Prospero Teaching are looking for an enthusiastic graduate who is looking to gain classroom experience before starting teacher training. This is a long term position starting with immediate start!
We are looking for a Graduate to work as a Teaching Assistant to join a secondary school based in Barnet.
- This is ideal for recent graduates looking to gain classroom experience before starting teacher training.
- No experience needed, but any experience working with children or young people in any capacity, including any classroom experience being advantageous.
- You will be working 5 days a week, term time only.
- The successful candidate will be working with students who have various SEND, and working with students throughout Key Stages 3 and 4, potentially even sixth form students.
Contract details for the Graduate / Teaching Assistant position:
- Location – Barnet
- Position – Full Time Graduate / Teaching Assistant, term time only
- Type of work – Teaching Assistant in a secondary school
- Start date – September 2021
- Contract type – Long term supply
- Duration / Likely Duration – Ongoing
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Minimum rate of pay – £80 per day
About the successful Graduate / Teaching Assistant:
- No experience needed as full training will be provided.
- You should hold a recent degree, ideally with a 2:1 or higher.
- You will have a passion for education and a can do attitude.
- You will be an excellent role model for young people.
- You will be proactive and innovative with the ability to engage students in different ways.
To be eligible the Graduate / Teaching Assistant must have/be:
- Highly motivated and focused on achieving the best for every student.
- A positive attitude and desire to maintain current standards and raise attainment across the school.
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- The ability to engage and motivate students whilst making learning fun.
- Excellent communication skills.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this Science vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Want to know more about this Graduate Teaching Assistant Role?
If you’d like to know more about this Barnet position then please call our London Head Office on 020 7404 6383 and ask for Georgia. If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful Graduate Teaching Assistant:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team***
If you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our £150 referral scheme (Terms and conditions apply).
As the best teacher and supply teacher recruitment agency the U.K. has to offer, we ensure every step of your path with Prospero Teaching is a great one. We offer free courses in teaching, lesson planning, CPD certified qualifications, help with moving overseas and much more. Whether you want to teach music in Liverpool, Science in London or Business and Economics in Manchester we have the right teaching job for you.
- PositionGraduate Teaching Assistant - Barnet - September 2021
- Type of workSecondary
- Contract/position start date06/09/2021