Prospero Teaching is looking for a Geography Teacher to join a successful, mixed secondary school starting September 2021.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
- The school mixed secondary school situated in the heart of Bushey
- The school are looking to appoint a Geography Teacher who would like to work with and contribute to the development of highly motivated students.
- The Geography department is a team of 3 part of a larger Humanities team
- 45 minutes train journey into Central London
- 1200 students on roll
The Headteacher is looking for a qualified, passionate Geography teacher who can plan and deliver engaging lesson that are clear and stretch the students understanding, someone who can promote the importance of Geography and the positive impact it can have throughout their life.
The school offers a rich and stimulating education comprising of a knowledge-rich curriculum, diverse cultural and extracurricular opportunities, and a strong pastoral support system. All children are welcomed in this inclusive community, and all are challenged to be the best they can be.
Teachers must have solid subject knowledge and will be expected to teach across KS3, KS4 and KS5.
GEOGRAPHY TEACHER CONTRACT DETAILS:
Location Bushey, Hertfordshire
Position Geography Teacher
Type of work Teaching Geography to KS3-KS4 and KS5
Contract or position start date September 2021
Duration / Likely Duration 1 academic year or more
Contract or position end date (if applicable) July 2021 initially
Full time/part time Full time
Minimum rate paid in line with the teacher pay scale
Hours 8am – 4pm, plus parents’ evenings
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ed / PGCE / QTS or equivalent teaching degree
- Minimum 1 – year Geography teaching experience in the UK
- Passionate about being a Geography Teacher and have a willingness to educate
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS GEOGRAPHY TEACHING ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Be able to work a minimum of 5 FULL days Monday – Friday
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THIS GEOGRAPHY TEACHING JOB
If you would like to be considered for this Geography teaching job apply with a copy of your up to date CV.
Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business / education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching to fill this vacancy.
PROSPERO TEACHING CAN OFFER THE SUCCESSFUL GEOGRAPHY TEACHER:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
- LocationHertfordshire, Bushey
- PositionGeography teaching job, Bushey, September 2021
- Type of workSecondary (age 11 18)
- Contract/position start date04/09/2021