GEOGRAPHY TEACHER – REQUIRED FOR AN ACCREDITED BRITISH INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL IN KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
Prospero Teaching are looking for a qualified Geography Teacher for a British curriculum international school located in the outskirts of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – contract start date: August 2021.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL:
- A leading British international school in Kuala Lumpur require a qualified Geography Teacher to join their reputable school from August 2021.
- The school boasts an established Humanities department with excellent facilities, teachers and resources.
- As the school is located in a spacious campus in the outskirts of the capital city, expat teachers benefit from the tranquility and greenery of the suburbs, yet are only 35 minutes from the city centre.
- Located on twenty acres of land, the state of the art campus caters up to 2000 students across Early Years to Year 11.
- The school follows the British curriculum (KS3-4) with Year 11 students completing IGCSE qualifications.
- The senior leadership team consists of an experienced and dedicated team of qualified school leaders, many from the UK.
- The school is a member of a large successful education group, sharing good educational practice, opportunities for professional development and effective management.
- Location – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Position – Geography Teacher
- Type of work – Class Teacher – planning, assessment, extracurricular commitments, parents’ evenings etc
- Contract or position start date – August 2021
- Duration – Two year contract
- Contract or position end date – July 2023
- Contract type – fixed contract
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Minimum rate of pay – approximately £25,000 – 45,000 pa depending on experience (remuneration package including housing allowance, relocation allowance, baggage allowance, visa, medical insurance for employee and dependants, 70% discount on tuition fees for 3 dependant children, flight allowance, etc)
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Have a relevant teaching qualification: i.e. PGCE, B.Ed., BA (Hons) with QTS
- Have a minimum of one year’s full time teaching experience (post qualification)
- Have experience teaching the British curriculum up to KS4 (GCSE/IGCSE)
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Be available to start in August 2021
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for the role of Geography Teacher, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
- Guidance and support to relocating overseas
- LocationOverseas Outside UK, South East Asia, Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
- PositionGeography Teacher – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Type of workSecondary, Teacher
- Contract/position start date20/08/2021
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.