French and Spanish Teacher (part time) – Bury St Edmunds
About the job
Prospero Teaching are looking for a French and Spanish Teacher to start ASAP. This is to work in a mainstream secondary school in the Bury St Edmunds area.
About the school and contract:
- We are looking for a French and Spanish Teacher to start ASAP in a mainstream secondary school in the Bury St Edmunds area.
- You will be focusing on teaching KS3 and KS4 students.
- The school has a Sixth Form so there is the potential to teach KS5.
- You will have LSAs in the classroom to support you where necessary.
- There may also be some 1:1 teaching involved.
- The MFL department are experienced and supportive with specialists in all languages.
- Part time (3 days a week) teaching position including planning and marking.
About the successful French and Spanish Teacher:
- Previous experience teaching KS3 and KS4 French and Spanish in the UK.
- Part time role teaching French and Spanish with at least one language to GCSE level.
- You should ideally hold a teaching qualification (QTS or QTLS preferred) or equivalent.
- Experience teaching in the UK is desirable but not essential.
- You will have excellent classroom and behaviour management.
- You will be pro active and innovative with the ability to engage students in different ways.
Contract details for the French and Spanish Teacher position:
- Location – Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
- Position – French and Spanish Teacher
- Type of work – teaching in a secondary school
- Start date – ASAP
- Contract type – long term supply, potential for extension or to become permanent
- Duration / Likely Duration – until end of academic year
- Full time/part time – Part time (1 day)
- Minimum rate of pay – £130 per day for qualified teachers
To be eligible the French and Spanish Teacher must have/be:
- Highly motivated and focused on achieving the best for every student.
- A positive attitude and desire to maintain current standards and raise attainment across the school.
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- The ability to engage and motivate students whilst making learning fun.
- Excellent communication skills – the school encourages good communication with Parents/Carers.
- A positive role model.
Please apply now with your updated CV, if this position is of interest.
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this vacancy then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.