Our School has fully equipped kitchens and workshops, with dedicated departmental technicians, meaning this is an excellent place to take the next step in your Food Technology teaching career. The school is a high performing school in the area, with exam results that regularly exceed expectations. With a strong focus on staff development, the school offers regular CPD and career progression opportunities, which are open to all staff, including new starters. Alongside this, the school offers a broad curriculum and a wide variety of extra-curricular activities to pupils to ensure all students have the opportunity to gain a full educational experience. The school is easily accessible and is well serviced by public transport.
* Blackburn Secondary school
* Food Technology Teacher KS3/KS4 Classes
* September start
* Full time, permanent
* Minimum rate £120 per day (please refer to Teacher Pay & Conditions Guidelines)
* 8:30 am – 4pm, plus parents evenings
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Fully qualified teacher or an NQT graded good/outstanding
- Food Technology specialist
- Innovative and creative teaching strategies and lessons
- Aim to strive towards good and outstanding standards
- ICT capable with interactive whiteboards etc.
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
* Hold Right to Work in the UK
* Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
* Provide two professional references
* Qualifications (QTS)
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
* In-house Training and Development Team
* A dedicated Consultant
- LocationLancashire, Blackburn
- PositionFood Technology Teacher – September 2021
- Type of workSecondary, Teacher
- Contract/position start date01/09/2021
- Full/Part timeMonday to Friday, 8.30 - 3.30, plus other duties
- Minimum rate of pay£120 - £195 per day
- Experienced in delivering outstanding lessons at KS3 and 4 in Food Technology
- Confident with the demands of KS4 classes, including exam groups
- It is ESSENTIAL you hold QUALIFIED TEACHER STATUS in FOOD TECHNOLOGY (QTS)
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.