ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Prospero Teaching are looking for a EYFS 1:1 SEND Learning Support Assistant to work in an exciting, independent preparatory school with an ‘Outstanding’ OFSTED report in the Romsey area.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, well organised SEND Teaching Assistant to join a strong and dedicated team to support a pupil with additional needs. Previous experience of working with children with autism or behavioural needs is essential. The role will be well supported by the school’s SENCo and external agencies.
The school works hard to encourage all students to be independent, resilient and able to make positive life choices with confidence, regardless of any additional emotional or physical needs they might have.
Strong communication skills and an ability to relate to children are vital. The successful applicant will work with the class teacher and other professionals to deliver a timetable of support. We are looking for someone who can:
- Set boundaries to support learning
- Build positive relationships with adults and children
- Work alongside the class teacher and SENCo to identify areas for support and timetabling
- Use their initiative to plan and prepare engaging activities or strategies
Experience of working in EYFS or KS1 is ideal. Please ensure you have read the Job Description and Person Specification before applying.
- Location – Romsey, Hampshire
- Position – EYFS/KS1 1:1 SEND Learning Support Assistant
- Type of work – One to One assistance of pupil with ASD
- Contract or position start date – ASAP
- Duration / Likely Duration – Ongoing
- Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) – Temp to Permanent
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Minimum rate of pay – Minimum rate £14000 per annum
- Hours – 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous one year experience teaching ASD pupils. (Desirable)
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year.
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
For immediate consideration all applicants are encouraged to send an updated CV to Ben via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this vacancy then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.
At Prospero Teaching we bring the best teaching jobs in the U.K. and London to newly qualified & experienced teachers, matching the right school to your specific needs. Whether you want to work as a Science Teacher in London or a Physical Education Teaching Assistant in Manchester the possibilities are endless. Since 2000 we’ve been helping teachers from many countries including Canada, Belgium, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and so on. Find the teaching job you’ve been dreaming of.
Prospero is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
The successful applicant will possess the willingness to commit to Extra Curricular activities.
- LocationHampshire, Southampton, Romsey, South Coast
- PositionEYFS 1:1 SEND Learning Support Assistant, Hampshire
- Type of workPrimary, Early Years, Special Needs, Teaching Assistant, Graduate TA, Tutor
- Contract/position start date25/09/2019
- Duration/likely duration
- Contract type (temp/perm/term to perm)half_term
- Full/Part time
- Minimum rate of pay
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.