English Teacher – Witham
About the job
Prospero Teaching are looking for an English Teacher for a September 2019 start. This is to work in a mainstream school in Witham.
About the school and contract:
- We are looking for an English Teacher to start September 2019 in a mainstream secondary in Witham.
- You will be focusing on teaching students aged 16+.
- You will have LSAs in the classroom to support you.
- The students are in small groups and there may also be some 1:1 teaching involved.
- Some of the students have challenging behaviour and various SEND.
- The English department is experienced and supportive, with specialists in in all areas.
- Part time (3 days a week) teaching position including planning and marking.
About the successful English Teacher:
- Previous experience teaching GCSE and KS5 English in the UK.
- You should ideally hold a teaching qualification (QTS or QTLS preferred) or equivalent.
- Experience teaching in the UK is desirable but not essential.
- You will have excellent classroom and behaviour management.
- You will be pro active and innovative with the ability to engage students in different ways.
Contract details for the English Teacher position:
- Location – Witham, Essex
- Position – Full Time English Teacher
- Type of work – English Teaching in a mainstream secondary school
- Start date – 2nd September 2019
- Contract type – Temporary
- Duration / Likely Duration – 1 term initially, potential for extension
- Full time/part time – part time (3 days)
- Minimum rate of pay – £130 per day for qualified teachers
To be eligible the English Teacher must have/be:
- Highly motivated and focused on achieving the best for every student.
- A positive attitude and desire to maintain current standards and raise attainment across the school.
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- The ability to engage and motivate students whilst making learning fun.
- Excellent communication skills – the school encourages good communication with Parents/Carers.
- A positive role model.
Please apply now with your updated CV, if this position is of interest.
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this vacancy then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.
Prospero Teaching recruits exceptional teachers from across the globe, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Belgium, The Netherlands, Ireland and New Zealand and provides them with teaching jobs in London and the UK. Here at Prospero Teaching we strive to make a real impact on education and teaching with our global opportunities. If moving from overseas, Prospero Teaching provides assistance with setting up your bank account as well as accommodation assistance, and tons of aftercare and training.