Prospero Teaching is looking for a English teacher to join a successful, mixed secondary school starting September 2021.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
- The school mixed secondary school situated in the heart of Stevenage
- The school are looking to appoint a English teacher who would like to work with and contribute to the development of highly motivated students.
- The English department is a team of 7
- 27 minutes into Central London
- 1200 students on roll
The Headteacher is looking for a qualified, passionate, English teacher who can plan and deliver engaging lesson that are clear and stretch the students understanding, someone who can promote the importance of English and the positive impact it can have throughout their life.
Teachers must have solid subject knowledge and will be expected to teach English across KS3, KS4 and possibly KS5.
The English department is a large team and staff come from a variety of backgrounds and teaching experience.
ENGLISH TEACHER CONTRACT DETAILS:
Location Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Position English teacher
Type of work Teaching English to KS3-KS4 and KS5
Contract or position start date September 2021
Duration / Likely Duration 1 academic year or more
Contract or position end date (if applicable) July 2022 initially
Full time/part time Full time
Minimum rate paid in line with the teacher pay scale
Hours 8am – 4pm, plus parents’ evenings
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ed / PGCE / QTS or equivalent teaching degree
- Minimum 1 – year English teaching experience in the UK
- Passionate about being an English teacher and have a willingness to educate
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ENGLISH TEACHING ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Be able to work a minimum of 5 FULL days Monday – Friday
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this English teaching role please apply with a copy of your up to date CV.
Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business / education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching to fill this vacancy.
PROSPERO TEACHING CAN OFFER THE SUCCESSFUL ENGLISH TEACHER:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
- LocationHertfordshire, Stevenage
- PositionEnglish teacher, Stevenage, September 2021
- Type of workSecondary (age 11 18)
- Contract/position start date04/09/2021