JOB TITLE – English Teacher, Hanoi, Vietnam
Prospero Teaching are looking for a qualified English Teacher (Key Stage 3-4) for a dual curriculum international school in Hanoi, Vietnam for July 2021.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
- A unique and established international school offering students a bilingual or trilingual education in English – Vietnamese – Japanese.
- The school delivers the Cambridge International Curriculum and Japanese curriculum to children from Kindergarten (age 3) to Secondary and is located in a developed urban district in the outskirts of the beautiful capital city of Hanoi.
- The campus is compact, yet spacious, with excellent facilities and resources and class sizes capped to ensure maximum impact in the classroom.
- The student body comprises of predominantly local Vietnamese children and teaching staff are a mix of nationalities, reflecting the diversity of the curriculum offered.
- Expat Teachers experience one of the oldest and most visited capital cities in the world with a rich mix of South East Asian, Chinese, Russian and French cultural influences, enjoying the lower cost of living, local cuisine, lively nightlife and strong expat community.
- Location – Hanoi, Vietnam
- Position – English Teacher (KS3-4)
- Type of work – Class Teacher – planning, preparation, marking, parents evenings etc
- Contract or position start date – July 2021
- Duration – Until end of the academic year July 2022
- Contract or position end date– July 2022 – one year rolling contract
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Minimum rate of pay – Minimum rate $2000 – 3000 per month, studio accommodation or housing allowance, return annual flights, medical insurance, visa
- Hours – 7:30 am – 3:30pm : Monday – Friday (term time only)
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Certification as a qualified teacher from an internationally recognised authority
- At least 3 years teaching experience at an accredited school preferred, but will consider all suitably qualified candidates.
- Experience working with and developing high quality international curriculum (e.g. Cambridge, IPC etc.) preferred.
- Student-centred mind-set with grade level and/or subject area expertise
- Places a high value on relationships and the importance of collaboration
- Desire to be a part of a dynamic organisation
- Pedagogical innovators who take joy in developing engaging learning experiences
- Desire to participate in after-school activities and service learning experiences
- High level of ICT competency
- Positive outlook and team player
- Capacity for innovation and sustained rigorous self-evaluation
- Displays evidence as a lifelong learner with a commitment to professional development
- Will display empathy for and sensitivity to the cultural background of students from Vietnam, their learning styles and previous experiences
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
- Absolute fluency in English
If you would like to be considered for the role of English Teacher, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV to: email@example.com or via the application link below. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
- LocationOverseas Outside UK, Asia, South East Asia, Vietnam, Hanoi
- PositionEnglish Teacher – Hanoi, Vietnam
- Type of workSecondary, English, Teacher
- Contract/position start date20/07/2021
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.