English Teacher, Barnet, north London
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Prospero Teaching is looking for a English Teacher for an Ofsted rated “Good” Secondary school in Barnet, North London.
The school is a modern built, mainstream Secondary School with a supportive English department and Senior Leadership Team. The school is going from strength to strength and providing CPD throughout the year. The school does have a 6th form, although most of the timetable for this role will be key stage 3 and key stage 4.
The position is open to both NQT’s and experienced teachers. Depending on performance, the school would look at either extending the contract or offering a permanent position.
• Location – Barnet, north London
• Position –English Teacher
• Type of work – KS3/KS4 Maths Class Teacher
• Contract or position start date – September 2019
• Contract or position end date (if applicable) – July 2020
• Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) – Temporary to Perm
• Full time/part time – Full time
• Minimum rate of pay – Minimum rate £130 per day
• Hours – 8:30 am – 4pm, plus parents evenings
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
• QTS or equivalent
• Minimum 1 year English teaching experience in the UK
• Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
• Hold Right to Work in the UK
• Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
• Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
• Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
• In-house Training and Development Team
- LocationHarrow, North London, Camden, Hampstead, Haringey, Hornsey, Islington, Barnet, Inner London, Kensington And Chelsea
- PositionEnglish teacher, Barnet, north London – September 2019
- Type of workSecondary, Key Stage 3, Teacher, Teaching Assistant, School Management, Other
- Contract/position start date30/09/2019
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.