1:1 English/Maths/Science Tutor in East London
About the job
About the Part Time 1:1 Tutor position:
Prospero Teaching are looking for a qualified teacher to work 1:1 with secondary students based across East London. This is a great opportunity to make a real difference to a student’s life, gain great job satisfaction and to teach without the paperwork involved with a class of 30 children.
We are looking for qualified teachers to work on a 1:1 basis with KS3-4 students who are not currently enrolled in school.
This is a part time role where the successful candidate will be required to work with the student for 3 hours per day for 5 days per week. There may be an opportunity to build a timetable up around two young people, if you would prefer to work full-time.
You will be teaching the student on their own, so therefore will be required to undertake some paid safeguarding training before tuition commences.
The successful candidate will be expected to deliver all subjects, but ensure a focus on English and Maths.
The position is available to start as soon as possible.
Contract Details for Part Time 1:1 Tutor position:
• Locations all across London
• Part-time or full-time 1:1 Tutor
• Teaching an excluded student in their own home.
• ASAP start
• Temporary – long term with the possibility of permanent contract
• Ongoing until the student can return to school.
• Monday to Friday – 3 hours per day (option of full-time can be considered)
• minimum of £70 per session
Experience, Training and Qualifications required for the Part Time 1:1 teacher position:
• You MUST hold either QTS or QTLS.
• Experience working with Students with ASD a preference.
• Highly motivated and focused on achieving the best for every student.
• A positive attitude and desire towards working with SEN students.
• The ability to engage and motivate hard to reach learners.
To be eligible for the Part Time 1:1 Teacher position through Prospero Teaching you must:
• Have QTS or QTLS
• Hold Right to Work in the UK
• Hold an enhanced DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
• Provide two recent, professional references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
• Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
• In-house Training and Development Team