English Graduate teaching posts
Immediate start, fast track to interview – No filling out endless application forms!
Are you interested in working in becoming a Teacher?
Are you looking for your first English Graduate job?
Want to be paid while learning?
Look no further!
Prospero Teaching is actively seeking English Graduates to support students in a secondary school in Barnet with A level English .
We are seeking English Graduates with a degree in any subject to join schools across Barnet to support students with learning difficulties with a view to becoming a trainee teacher.
We are seeking a English Graduate with strong subject knowledge, good communication skills, someone dedicated. A positive role model and who want to learn, grow and develop while building rapport with students, teachers, and parents.
What does the English Graduate teaching role involve:
- supporting the class teacher and students during lessons
- 1:1 sessions supporting in English specifically
- Running intervention groups
- Working with other departments.
- You will be working specifically with a Year 11 and Year 12 students to raise attainment
What support will I be given as a English Graduate?
You’ll be given training, guidance and support by an experienced consultant at Prospero, our Training and Development Team as well as from the school. Training and CPD sessions are also offered. The school, ahead of time, will provide you with extended information, resources and strategies for supporting learners, behaviour management guidance, group and 1:1 training from qualified, experienced passionate staff.
As a English Graduate Teaching Assistant, you will be exposed to students of various abilities, you will need to analyse data and build up your ability to raise attainment using skills, lesson plans, numeracy, and literacy tasks to raise attainment. Again, this will build your knowledge of how students are monitored, data is analysed and attainment is raised and students are managed more effectively by teachers.
English Graduate teaching hours and pay:
- Full-time school hours, 8.20am – 3.45pm, Monday to Friday.
- You will be required to run an after school club once a week until 4.30pm and attend a departmental meeting once a week.
- The role is paid weekly and is at a daily rate of £80 per day.
- The school and Prospero teaching endeavour to support your career at every stage, both offering you a variety of CPD courses to enrich and progress your career further.
If this English Graduate teaching assistant role has sparked your interest and you would like to hear more about this teaching position, then please apply to this ad with your updated CV.
The school is extremely keen to interview any suitable English Graduate as soon as possible.
Know a English Graduate interested in exploring teaching in Barnet, London? If so, please refer us their details and CV over to us and you will be offered a referral bonus (conditions apply)
Please note that any candidates who are deemed as unsuitable for this job will not be contacted due to the high volume of applications we receive.
This advert has been posted by Prospero teaching on behalf of one of our schools.
- LocationEngland, South East England, Greater London, London, North West London
- PositionEnglish Graduate teaching, Barnet, Sept 2021
- Type of workSecondary, Key Stage 3, Key Stage 4, Key Stage 5
- Contract/position start date
- Duration/likely duration
- Contract type (temp/perm/term to perm)half_term
- Full/Part time
- Minimum rate of pay
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.