English and Drama teacher job
Ofsted Outstanding School – Haringey
March 8th 2021
Fast track to interview
No filling out application forms!
A popular school located in Haringey; North London is interested in securing a English and Drama teacher starting this March 8th 2021 .
THE IDEAL QUALIFIED ENGLISH AND DRAMA TEACHER WILL HAVE:
• a degree
• completed their teacher training
• Knowledge of the National Curriculum
• What will the English and Drama teacher be offered?
As a English and Drama teacher, you will be hard-working, a team player and be someone who engages with students, work well with staff and parents. The school is interested in appointing a English and Drama to join a thriving and dynamic department in March 8th 2021 .
The lessons will be delivered to all year groups key stage 3, key stage 4. The secondary school offers a fully comprehensive program to support Qualified teachers in line with the DfE standards and is a successful program.
WHAT FACILITIES WILL BE OFFERED TO THE QUALIFIED ENGLISH AND DRAMA TEACHER:
The school is located on a large, stunning site and boasts a range of facilities that assist with the teaching and learning at the school including:
• Large, spacious classrooms with interactive whiteboards and projectors,
• large staff room
• shower facilities
• parking onsite
- A range of transport links make this school easily accessible from all areas in London
Prospero Teaching has a long-standing relationship with the school and has a strong understanding of the makeup of the department, knowledge of the behaviour policy and so on. Prospero has been asked to recruit vacancy with us to ensure they appoint the most suitable English and Drama teacher available for March 8th 2021 to continue the successful teaching delivered to key stage 3, key stage 4. The role also offers the option of being permanent or on a contractual basis depending on the successful English and Drama teacher needs.
Behaviour at the school is good and well managed due to the behaviour policy. Students are from a range of backgrounds and some speak English as a second language and are supported by 1:1 TAs which helps with behaviour and accessing the National Curriculum. The Special Needs Department provides outstanding support to the whole school.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL AND ENGLISH AND DRAMA TEACHER CONTRACT:
*A large secondary school with high aspirations
*An Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ school
*Teaching your subject area at Key Stage 3, Key Stage 4
*Department with a collaborative approach to planning, delivery, and assessment
*Supportive yet high energy atmosphere
*This is a full-time position including planning and marking
THE RIGHT ENGLISH AND DRAMA WILL BE:
• Hold a BA and PGCE in English and Drama
• Confident with teaching GCSE English and Drama
• Creative, patient and willing to think outside of the box
THE SUCCESSFUL ENGLISH AND DRAMA WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
• Exceptional degree and GCSEs
• UK classroom teaching experience
• Eligibility to work in the UK
• Be able to provide teaching references for the last 2 years
• A fully enhanced DBS on the online update service
• Salary paid to scale – teachers’ pay scale MPS
• The school and Prospero teaching endeavour to support your career at every stage. Both offering you a variety of CPD courses to enrich and progress your career further.
If this English and Drama post has sparked your interest and you would like to hear more about this teaching position, then please apply to this advert with your updated CV.
The school is extremely keen to interview any suitable English and Drama as soon as possible.
Do you know a English and Drama looking for work in North London? If so, please refer us their CV to be offered a referral bonus (conditions apply)
- LocationHaringey, Wood Green, Highgate, Crouch End, Muswell Hill, Turnpike Lane, Hornsey, Seven Sisters, Tottenham
- PositionEnglish and Drama teaching role, Haringey, March 2021
- Type of workSecondary, Teacher
- Contract/position start date08/03/2021
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.