Psychology Graduate Teaching Assistant
Prospero Teaching are looking for strong and ambitious Psychology graduates to work as Teaching Assistants in SEN schools and Complex Needs colleges in South Manchester. We are looking to recruit enthusiastic graduates with an interest in a career in Special Education Needs.
The role is more specifically working with groups of children with varying learning ability and may have special educational needs. The schools are committed to pupil and teacher development, with track records of supporting graduates through teacher training applications. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to pursue a career in Education Psychology or a PGCE in the future.
- Location – Manchester
- Position – Teaching Assistant
- Type of work – 1:1 work with children and young adults with SEN
- Contract or position start date – ASAP
- Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) – Temporary
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Rate of pay – National Minimum Wage
- Hours – 8:30 am – 4pm : Mon – Fri (term time only)
- Working with and providing support to children with SEN (Special Educational Needs)
- Experience of supporting pupils
- The willingness to provide an environment in which pupils can reach their full potential
- The ability to build rapports with the children, supporting their social and behavioural needs, and acting as a mentor
- Psychology (BA Hons) degree
- DBS (clean and relevant) – Can be obtained through Prospero Teaching
- Safeguarding certificate
- A committed and enthusiastic attitude to work
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to form new relationships
- Previous experience working in primary schools.
- Good knowledge of different forms of SEN.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
- Long term fixed supply post with a view to a permanent school based contract
- Ideal for graduates looking to gain experience within a primary school
If you would like to be considered for this role, please click “apply” or send a copy of your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
- LocationGreater Manchester
- PositionEducation Roles for Psychology Graduates
- Type of workSpecial Needs, SEMH, Teaching Assistant, Graduate TA
- Contract/position start date01/04/2021
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.