DT Teacher (Resistant Materials) – Grays
About the job
Prospero Teaching are looking for a DT Teacher to start in September 2019. This is to work in a mainstream secondary school in the Grays area.
About the school and contract:
- We are looking for a DT Teacher to start in September in a mainstream small secondary school in the Grays area.
- You will be focusing on teaching KS3 and KS4 students.
- You will have LSAs in the classroom to support you.
- There may also be some 1:1 teaching involved.
- The DT department is experienced and supportive, with specialists in in all areas.
- Full time (5 days a week) teaching position including planning and marking.
- The school are initially looking for sickness cover but there is a possibility of it being extended.
About the successful DT Teacher:
- Previous experience teaching KS3 and KS4 DT in the UK.
- You should ideally hold a teaching qualification (QTS or QTLS preferred) or equivalent.
- Experience teaching in the UK is desirable but not essential.
- You will have excellent classroom and behaviour management.
- You will be pro active and innovative with the ability to engage students in different ways.
Contract details for the DT Teacher position:
- Location – Grays area
- Position – Full Time DT Teacher
- Type of work – DT Teaching in a secondary school
- Start date – September 2019
- Contract type – Temporary
- Duration / Likely Duration – ongoing long term supply
- Full time/part time – Full time (5 days)
- Minimum rate of pay – £120 per day for qualified teachers
To be eligible the DT Teacher must have/be:
- Highly motivated and focused on achieving the best for every student.
- A positive attitude and desire to maintain current standards and raise attainment across the school.
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- The ability to engage and motivate students whilst making learning fun.
- Excellent communication skills – the school encourages good communication with Parents/Carers.
- A positive role model.
Please apply now with your updated CV, if this position is of interest.
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this vacancy then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.
Prospero Teaching recruits exceptional teachers from across the globe, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Belgium, The Netherlands, Ireland and New Zealand and provides them with teaching jobs in London and the UK. Here at Prospero Teaching we strive to make a real impact on education and teaching with our global opportunities. If moving from overseas, Prospero Teaching provides assistance with setting up your bank account as well as accommodation assistance, and tons of aftercare and training.