DT and Catering Technician – Ongar
About the job
Prospero Teaching are looking for a DT and Catering Technician to work in a sucessful DT department in a secondary school in the Ongar area. This is to work full time and starts ASAP.
About the school and contract:
- We are looking for a DT and Catering Technician to start ASAP in a secondary school in the Ongar area in Essex.
- The SLT and DT department are experienced and supportive with specialists in all areas.
- Full time (5 days a week) term time only.
About the successful DT and Catering Technician:
- The job involves supporting teachers and students in the classroom, assisting with equipment.
- You will be making sure all equipment is used in line with health and safety regulations, above all ensuring a safe learning environment at all times.
- The DT and Catering Technician should be able to use vices, wood cutters, laser cutters, drills etc.
- You will need to make sure all catering equipment is available and ready for lessons.
- After lessons, you will be making sure equipment is tidied and put away correctly.
Contract details for the DT and Catering Technician position:
- Location – Ongar, Essex
- Position – Full Time DT and Catering Technician
- Type of work – Secondary DT and Catering Technician
- Start date – ASAP
- Contract type – long term supply
- Duration / Likely Duration – until end of academic year, potential for extension
- Full time/part time – Full time (5 days)
- Minimum rate of pay – £70 per day
To be eligible the DT and Catering Technician must have/be:
- Hold right to work in the UK.
- Able to provide a minimum of 2 professional references to cover the last full 2 years.
- Highly motivated and focused on health and safety.
- A positive attitude and desire to maintain current standards and raise attainment across the school.
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- Safeguarding training issued in the last 12 months.
Please apply now with your updated CV, if this position is of interest.
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this vacancy then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.