Design & Technology Teacher, Southampton, Hampshire
About the job
Prospero Teaching are looking for a Design & Technology Teacher for an ‘Outstanding’ school based in the Southampton area.
We invite applications from NQT’s or experienced teachers to teach within the Design and Technology department for September 2019.
The department is one of the strongest departments in the school, and the successful candidate will show passion, innovation and a desire to continue the excellent teaching practice being delivered. The school is heavily over-subscribed. The school is currently ranked in the top 5% of schools nationally for progress and is the highest performing school in Southampton from the 2018 summer results.
The successful candidate will have high expectations of their students; have the ability to form productive and respectful relationships with students as well as being able to generate enthusiasm and interest for Design & Technology. The current department has a proven track record of success at GCSE level with 85% of all students achieving an A*-C Grade and 15% of students achieving an A*-A Grade in 2018, which is well above the national average. Design & Technology at the school adopts a multi disciplinary style in line with the new GCSE. The successful candidate would be joining a team with many outstanding practices and therefore it would be an ideal position for someone who has the dedication to refine and develop their own practice and skills within the subject. Full training is provided alongside the support of an excellent full time technician within all practical lessons. Due to their multi disciplinary style they would welcome applications from all specialisms
•A friendly and inclusive working environment
•Free on-site gym with state-of-the-art facilities
•Reduced rate for Lettings
•Nursery less than five minutes’ drive away
•Long-term career opportunities
•Access to nationally-accredited qualifications, including NPQML, NPQSL and NPQH
•Easy access to Southampton city centre, Eastleigh, the M27 and the M3
•An opportunity to be a part of an enthusiastic, creative and motivated department
•A supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
•A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all
- Location – Southampton, Hampshire
- Position – Design & Technology Teacher
- Type of work – Classroom Teaching KS3 and KS4
- Contract or position start date – September 2019
- Duration / Likely Duration – Permanent
- Contract or position end date (if applicable) –N/A
- Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) – Permanent
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Minimum rate of pay – Minimum rate £22,000-£40,000 depending on experience
- Hours – 8:30 am – 4pm, plus parents evenings
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- QTS or Equivalent
- Minimum 1 year Design & Technology teaching experience in the UK
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
Finally if you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will most likely be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is also able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses in addition to safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
If you are a Design & Technology Teacher and would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV to email@example.com or call 02382 029 900
If you know someone who would be interested in this or other positions check out our Refer a Friend scheme.