Design Technology Teacher – Resistant Materials
September 2021- Barnet
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Prospero Teaching is looking for a Design Technology Teacher for an Ofsted “Good” Secondary school in Barnet.
The School is a small faith school situated on the doorstep of Barnet. The school is fully inclusive and promotes excellence in learning, seeking to ensure that all students are the best that they can be; their dedicated staff are focused on quality and achievement whilst ensuring the happiness and well-being of the community.
The school are seeking an enthusiastic Teacher of Design and Technology to join the dynamic team. They are particularly looking for a specialist in resistant material, however applications from all specialisms are welcome. The position is open to both NQT’s and experienced teachers. Depending on performance the school would look at either extending the contract or offering a permanent position.
CONTRACT DETAILS OF DESIGN TECHNOLOGY TEACHER:
- Location – Barnet
- Position – Design Technology Teacher – (Resistant Materials is desirable)
- Type of work – KS3/KS4 Design Technology Teacher
- Contract or position start date – September 2021
- Duration / Likely Duration – 2 terms until the end of the academic year July 2020
- Contract or position end date (if applicable) – July 2021 initially (contract may get extended)
- Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) – Temporary initially
- Full time/part-time – Full time, 5 days a week Mon- FRI
- Minimum rate £160 per day MINIMUM
- Hours – 8:30 am – 4pm, plus parents evenings
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ed / PGCE / QTS or equivalent teaching degree
- Minimum 1-year DT Teacher / resistant materials teaching experience in the UK
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Be able to work a minimum of 5 FULL days Monday – Friday
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THE DESIGN TECHNOLOGY ROLE:
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
- LocationEngland, South East England, Greater London, London, North West London, Brent, Harrow, Stanmore, Wembley, Finchley, Barnet, High Barnet, East Finchley, Woodside Park, Hendon, Oakleigh Park, Southgate
- PositionDesign Technology Teacher, Resistant Materials, September 2021- Barnet
- Type of workSecondary, Teacher
- Contract/position start date01/09/2021
- Duration/likely durationno end date
- Contract type (temp/perm/term to perm)4_terms
- Full/Part time7 hours per day
- Minimum rate of payin line with your payscale
Teaching experience required
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.