Deputy Head Teacher
£70000 – £77,000 per annum
March 2021 or September 2021
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Prospero Teaching is looking for a Deputy Head teacher for an Ofsted “Outstanding” Special Needs School in Brent in Inner London.
The school is a large, Special Needs school with a community feel and very supportive SLT. The school is going from strength to strength and providing CPD throughout the year. The school does have a primary, secondary 6th form.
The position of Deputy Headteacher will be to play a major role under the direction of the Headteacher in formulating the aims and objectives of the school, establishing the policies practices and structures, through which they shall be achieved, managing staff and resources to achieve the vision aims and objectives of the school and monitor progress towards their achievement. Be the senior leader with responsibility for Key stages, 3,4 and 5, Safeguarding, Quality of Education, Behaviour, teaching and learning curriculum development
DEPUTY HEAD TEACHER CONTRACT DETAILS
- Location – Brent
- Position – Deputy Head Teacher
- Type of work – Key stage 3, 4, 5 Safeguarding, Quality of Education, Behaviour, Teaching and Learning curriculum development
- Closing Date: 3pm – 26th February 2021.
- Interviews w/c: 15th March 2021
- Start Date: 1st September 2021 or sooner if available
- Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) – Permanent
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Paid to scale – L18 – L22
- Hours – 8am – 4pm, plus parent’s evenings, SLT meetings
A visit is available on Monday 22nd February at 3pm. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm Wednesday 17th February 2021 if you would like to visit.
A full job description can be provided.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Evidence of continuing professional development or further professional study
- Senior Leadership experience at Assistant Head level or above
- Evidence of leadership CPD at senior level.
Essential key areas – more information can be provided
- Understanding of the principles of effective learning for children with SEND and the ability to promote a culture of learning throughout the school
- Understanding of the principles of good curriculum provision.
- Understanding of the role of assessment in children’s Learning
- Understanding of the principles underlying effective financial management
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE DEPUTY HEAD TEACHER ROLE, THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this Deputy Headteacher, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching can offer the successful Deputy Headteacher:
- Full job description and information surrounding this position
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
- LocationLondon, North West London, Brent, Harrow, Stanmore, Wembley, Camden, Kilburn
- PositionDeputy Headteacher job, SEN school, Brent, September 2021
- Type of workSpecial Needs, School Management, Leadership
- Contract/position start date04/09/2021
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.