Cover Supervisors – Bolton
Graduate Cover Supervisor
Day to Day Work – Bolton
Are you an ambitious graduate, looking for paid work which will supplement your application to a Secondary PGCE for September 2021? Are you unsure whether a career in education is for you? Are you a graduate who already enjoys working with young people, who is looking for more formal experience? Are you a naturally confident, lively individual who has great time management skills who believes they can improve the outcomes of young people?
We can help you. Our dedicated education team have over thirty years’ experience of matching graduates to schools, for assignments ranging in length from a single day, to a full academic year.
And we would love to hear from you – times are different and challenging at the moment, but your support will be invaluable to young people when they start to settle back into school.
We are specifically working with a large school in Bolton, who are anticipating the need for talented, skilled graduates, to support their cover team, come the start of the New Year. If you have patience, a great sense of humour, and are dedicated on improving the lives of young people, these opportunities are for you. You will be responsible for covering classes where absent teachers have left pre-planned work – so it is up to you to ensure students are focused, engaged, and working towards their lesson objectives. And who knows – you may just become an expert in a subject you haven’t done yourself since high school!
Cover Supervisor and Learning Mentor work provides a great platform for graduates – both with practical experience, and also knowledge to create attractive, engaging personal statements and applications. And don’t worry about all that – our process is really easy, and our consultants are more than happy to help you with your applications to QTS courses when the time is right.
- Location – Bolton, Greater Manchester
- Position – Graduate Cover Supervisor
- Type of work – Teaching Support / Cover Supervisor
- Start date – September 2020
- Duration / Likely Duration – Variety – from one day, up to a full year
- End date (if applicable) – n/a
- Contract type – Temporary
- Full time/part time – Part time and full time roles – depending on demand
- Minimum rate of pay – Minimum rate £65 per day
- Hours – 8:30 am – 3:30pm
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree educated with a good classification
- Previous experience working of working with young people (which we can reference)
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year (desirable however not essential)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
- PositionCover Supervisor – Secondary School – Bolton – Greater Manchester
- Type of workSecondary, Cover
- Contract/position start date12/10/2020
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.