Cover Supervisor – Harwich
- You will ideally be a University Graduate with a 2:1 or higher, however a degree is not essential.
- You will have the opportunity to cover a range of subjects for students in KS3 and KS4, and will be expected to control the class and manage behaviour as and when needed, in line with the school policy.
- As a Cover Supervisor, you will take on the responsibility of the full time class teacher when the teacher is absent; sickness, training courses, school trips etc.
About the schools/job:
- Variety of mainstream secondary schools in and around Harwich.
- Working with students in KS3 and KS4 (ages 11-16).
- Potential to work with KS5 students (ages 16-18).
- You will have a strong classroom presence and be confident to manage behaviour as and when necessary.
- Full time or part time flexible positions.
- Perfect for a graduate looking to gain experience and confidence before starting teacher training.
- Lessons will be set.
- You will be managing behaviour in line with school policies.
- We are looking for adaptable people as you may be covering a range of subjects during the day.
Contract details for the Cover Supervisor position:
- Location – Harwich
- Position – Cover Supervisor/Unqualified Teacher
- Type of work – Flexible
- Start date – ASAP
- Contract type – Temporary
- Full time/part time – Full or part time, flexible
- Minimum rate of pay – £70 per day
Experience, Training and Qualifications required for the Cover Supervisor position:
- Previous experience working with children or young people is desirable but not essential
- Ideally hold a degree in a relevant subject area
- A passion for working with children and young people
- You will be pro active and adaptable, with lots of energy and enthusiasm
To be eligible for the position through Prospero Teaching you must:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS registered with the update service or be willing to process one
- Provide two professional references
- LocationEssex, Harwich
- PositionCover Supervisor – Harwich
- Type of workSecondary, Cover Supervisor
- Contract/position start date01/12/2021
- Full/Part time
- Minimum rate of pay£70 - £80 per day
Proud to be listed in the Times as one of the Best Companies To Work For 2021.