Cover Supervisor – Gosport – ASAP
Prospero Teaching are looking for an enthusiastic Cover Supervisor for an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school based in Gosport. The school supports students with challenging behaviour that come from a variety of backgrounds, some of which have exhausted all other options in terms of educational settings. Patience and passion for education will be crucial to this position.
A University Graduate with a 2:1 or higher is desirable but not essential. You will be required to cover a range of subjects for students across KS3/4, and will be expected to control the class and manage behaviour as and when needed.
About the schools / job:
- Secondary School in Gosport.
- Working with students in KS3 and KS4 (ages 11-16).
- You will need to have a strong classroom presence and be confident to manage behaviour as and when necessary.
- Full time.
- Perfect for a graduate looking to gain classroom experience and confidence before starting teacher training.
- Lessons will all be set and you will be expected to make sure the students stay on task.
- We are looking for adaptable people as you may be covering a range of subjects during the day.
Contract details for the Cover Supervisor position:
- Location – Gosport
- Position – Cover Supervisor / Unqualified Teacher
- Type of work – Full time
- Start date – ASAP
- Contract type – Temp – Perm
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Minimum rate of pay – £75 per day
Experience, Training and Qualifications required for the Cover Supervisor position:
- Ideally hold a degree in a relevant subject area
- A passion for working with children and young people
- You will be pro-active and adaptable, with lots of energy and enthusiasm
- SEN and/or Challenging behaviour experience
To be eligible for the Cover Supervisor position through Prospero Teaching you must:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
**Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
**In-house Training and Development Team
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this vacancy then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.
- LocationHampshire, Portsmouth, Gosport
- PositionCover Supervisor – Gosport - ASAP
- Type of workSecondary (age 11 18)
- Contract/position start date05/04/2021